After School Activities Mar 19 – May 19
After-School Activities (ASAs) Term 2 program is starting on Wednesday, 27 March 2019. There will be 8 weeks of activities, taking place every Wednesday and Thursday from 3.15pm to 4.15pm, except chess which will run for 6 weeks.
Download School Note
Below you will find details relating to the Term Dates, Activity Schedule, Costs, Supervision, and Online Booking.
|Week 1||27 March||28 March|
|Week 2||3 April||4 April|
|Week 3||10 April||11 April|
|MIDTERM BREAK||12 Apr – 29 Apr||NO ASAs THIS WEEK|
|Week 4||1 May||2 May|
|Week 5||8 May||9 May|
|Week 6||15 May||16 May (Chess will not be run on this date)|
|Week 7||22 May||23 May (Chess will not be run on this date)|
|Week 8||29 May||30 May|
The ASAs you can register for in Term 2, March-May 2019*:
*Please note that ALL classes are subject to minimum numbers signing up. If we do not receive minimum numbers, the ASA will not proceed.
|Baking / Cooking||Wednesday||Anna||CR / Hall||€50**||1st–5th|
|Junior Lego||Wednesday||Eva||CR||€40||Jun. inf. –2nd|
|Arts & Crafts||Thursday||Laura||CR||€45**||2nd–6th|
- Baking/cooking – hands-on class following recipes to create tasty food. A different recipe each week and children bring home what they make.
- Junior Lego – a fun, creative, cooperative activity, with weekly themes.
- Chess – learn or improve at this wonderful strategy game taught by an expert.
- Arts/crafts – painting (e.g. cityscapes, seasonal paintings), drawing (comic strips, etc), collage work,
papier mâché, creating pom-pom creatures with wool.
- Music club: learn to sing songs from musicals, film, pop. Play games to explore rhythm, tempo and dynamics. Use classroom instruments and body percussion and voice. A fun way to develop a love for music.
- Mixed sports – fun, adrenaline-packed activity, uni-hoc, crab soccer, basketball, athletics, bench ball and lots of others.
- ASAs can only proceed if parents fill the supervision rota. Each parent must supervise one week per club that their child is attending. If your child is attending only one club, you will supervise once. If your child is/children are attending multiple clubs, you will supervise once for each club and each child.
- After online registration has closed, a member of the PTA will email you to confirm your supervision date. Please check your email regularly. We try to be very fair and ensure all parents supervise.
- The purpose of the supervision rota is to ensure all children are safe and accounted for between 3 pm and 4.15pm. Children must be collected promptly at 4.15pm.
- The role of the supervisor is to: sign in all of the club’s participants, call parent of any child who is absent, hand over the children to the teacher and relay any absences, remain in school in case teacher needs your help for any reason, stand beside teacher as children are collected to ensure all are collected safely. A full explanation of duties and responsibilities of supervisors will be emailed directly to each supervisor. It is extremely important that you read and understand the guidelines.
- If you are unable to supervise in your allotted week, it is your responsibility to contact the supervision volunteer to alert them and try to arrange for another parent to cover your supervision.
Note: the administration of the supervision rota is time-consuming and we are looking for help with this. If you have a little time, please consider helping out.
Registering for an ASA / Eventbrite
- The registration process, including payment, is done online through Eventbrite. You may book a minimum of 1 ticket and a maximum of 3 tickets per club.
- The cost per club is still €40, except where special materials are required**.
- Please note that an additional €3.55 per €40 club will be payable – this is the combined cost of the Payment Processing Fee (€0.69) and the Eventbrite Service Fee (5.5%), plus VAT @ 23%. If activity cost is more than €40, the fees increase accordingly.
- Registration will open on Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 6.00pm (18.00).
- Registration will close on Friday, 22 March 2019 at 10.00pm (22.00).
How do I register?
- The registration process, including payment, is completed online using the Eventbrite ticketing system.
- Follow the link above and have this info ready: parent first name, parent surname, parent current email address, parent mobile/telephone number, child name, child class, chosen club.
- NOTE: your email address must be one you check regularly. Your mobile number is necessary for emergency contact. Due to GDPR regulations, we will require that by signing your child up for ASAs you are giving permission for us to store and use your personal details for the duration of ASAs and for the sole purpose of running ASA activities. Your details will be made available to the supervising parent.
- Payment and Billing: you will need your credit card information and billing address.
- FAQs: see bottom of page. If your question is not listed here, click ‘Contact the Organiser’ at bottom right.
- List of clubs: this appears under ‘Ticket Information’ – click on club and number of tickets.
- Ready to order: click ‘Order Now’.
- Order Summary Page: all your info, for you to check before payment. You have 30 minutes to complete this.
- Code of Behaviour: read, and tick the box. If you don’t tick, you will not be able to proceed.
- Complete Registration: all your information is present and correct and you are happy to proceed to payment.
- Pay Now: you’ll be brought to the payment processing page to complete your payment.
- Done! You’ve now booked your child’s ASA and will receive a confirmation email.
If you have any queries or are experiencing any difficulties in registering please contact the ASA team directly at our dedicated email address firstname.lastname@example.org