On Friday, the 31st of January, there was a real sense of excitement in the air in DIFE, as children, parents and teachers eagerly anticipated the first stage of the 2017 Credit Union’s Quiz Competition. 24 teams from Bettystown, Trim and Drogheda took part in the Senior Competition (aged between 11 and 13), including 2 teams from our own 5th and 6th classes.
Both teams represented Le Chéile fantastically and were a real credit to themselves and all the hard work they put in over the past number of weeks.
The quiz started off gently to put everyone at ease but it wasn’t long before the questions started to get quite tricky. We eagerly looked to our teams and they both seemed quietly confident and relaxed (for the most part anyway!).
After 12 rounds of general knowledge the scores were revealed. One of our teams came in joint 3rd place and our other team came in 4th place. Alas, only the teams in 1st and 2nd place progress to the next round but nonetheless a fantastic result and really well deserved. Congratulations to all the children involved and to their teachers and parents. They did us proud!
Why not try some of the questions from the night:
- Who was the 2016 winner of “I’m a celebrity, get me out of here”?
- In which county would you find the Blarney Stone?
- In 1867 the USA purchased Alaska from which country?
- Who was created by Geppetto?
- Edmund Hillary was one of the first people to climb Mount Everest, what country was he from?
- In which sport would you have the Aegon Championship?
- Which Irish band released the album ”Everything this way”?
- Which 8 letter word means the greatest part of a group of people or things?
- Gingivitis affects which part of the body?
- Gdansk is in which European country?
- In which children’s classic book would you find the Waterbury family?