Reminder – B.O.M Elections
Dear Parents/ Guardians.
The Le Cheile Board of Management is made up of a number of participants; including two parent representatives, who remain as members for 4 years.
We will be holding elections for 2 new parent representatives for the Board of Management on the night of the AGM in October 2015.
There are very few conditions:
1. The two parents cannot be from the same family or bear any relationship to any other member of the Board;
2. There will be one female and one male parent/guardian selected
- The role asks that you represent the interests of parents on the Board of Management. This may mean in practice that you will need to support decisions/ initiatives which are not your own preference. You will also become a member of a corporate group and must support that group sometimes despite personal interests.
- The role requires attending Board of Management meetings and you will be given a specific active role on the Board e.g. Health and Safety officer, Treasurer, PR
- Board of Management meetings are held in the school approx. every six weeks.
- Between meetings, there is frequent correspondence via email or phone in connection with issues
If you feel this is something you would like to take on, please submit your name and a little about why you feel you would be a suitable candidate to:
Elections will then be held by secret ballot on the night of the AGM in October 2015, where each parent/guardian will have 1 non-transferrable vote. We would encourage each parent/guardian to vote as the successful candidates will represent you and your interests on the Board of Management.
We would also like to thank the two current parent representatives Suzanne Carolan and Brian Parle for the excellent role they have performed as the current parent representatives.
Le Cheile PTA