After School Activities (ASAs) Term 2 program is starting on Wednesday 11th April 2018. There will be 8 weeks of activities, taking place every Wednesday and Thursday from 15:15 to 16:15.
|1||11th Apr||12th Apr|
|2||18th Apr||19th Apr|
|3||25th Apr||26th Apr|
|4||2nd May||3rd May|
|Midterm Break||7th, 8th & 9th May||No ASAs this week.|
|5||16th May||17th May|
|6||23rd May||24th May|
|7||30th May||31st May|
|8||6th Jun||7th Jun|
Please note that ALL classes are subject to minimum numbers signing up. If we do not receive minimum numbers, the ASA will not proceed.
|Futsal||Wed||David||Hall||€40||1st – 6th|
|Go Noodle / Relaxation||Wed||Treasa||CR||€40||Junior – 6th|
|Knitting (See Note 1)||Wed||Monica||CR||€50*||2nd – 6th|
|Baking / Cooking (See Note 1)||Wed||Anna||CR/Hall||€50*||1st – 6th|
|Junior Lego||Wed||Nicola D.||CR||€40||Junior – 2nd|
|Chess Club||Thurs||Maurice O’Connor||CR||€40||2nd – 6th|
|Creative Writing||Thurs||Treasa||CR||€40||2nd – 6th|
|Newspaper Club||Thurs||Fiona O’Connell||CR||€40||2nd – 6th|
|Arts & Crafts (See Note 1 & 2)||Thurs||Anna||CR||€45*||1st – 5th|
|French for Beginners (See Note 2)||Thurs||Anna||CR||€40||1st – 4th|
- Note 1: Where indicated (*) some activities involve extra supplies so there is an additional cost.
- Note 2: Only one of these classes will definitely go ahead, it will depend on numbers interested.
- ASAs can only proceed if parents fill the supervision rota. Each parent must supervise one week per club that their child is attending. If your child is attending only one club, you will supervise once. If your child is/children are attending multiple clubs, you will supervise once for each club and each child.
- After online registration has closed, a member of the PTA will email you to confirm your supervision date. Please check your email regularly. We try to be very fair and ensure all parents supervise.
- The purpose of the supervision rota is to ensure all children are safe and accounted for between 3.15pm and 4.15pm. Children must be collected promptly at 4.15pm.
- The role of the supervisor is to: sign in all of the club’s participants, call parent of any child who is missing, hand over the children to the teacher and note any absences, remain in school in case teacher needs your help for any reason, stand beside teacher as children are collected to ensure all are collected safely.
- If you are unable to supervise in your allotted week, it is your responsibility to contact the supervision volunteer to alert them and try to arrange for another parent to cover your supervision.
Note: the administration of the supervision rota is time-consuming and we are looking for help with this. If you have a little time, please consider helping out.
Registering for an ASA / Eventbrite
- The registration process, including payment, is done online through Eventbrite. You may book a minimum of 1 ticket and a maximum of 3 tickets per club.
- The cost per club is still €40, except where special materials are required*.
- Please note that an additional €3.80 per €40 club will be payable – this is the combined cost of the Payment Processing Fee (€0.49) and the Eventbrite Service Fee (6.5%), plus VAT 23%. If activity cost is more than €40, the fees go up accordingly.
- Registration will open on Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 8.00pm (20.00).
- Registration will close on Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 10.00pm (22.00).
- All notes and links will be on the school website, parents’ Facebook page, and class WhatsApp groups.
How do I register?
- The registration process, including payment, is completed online using the Eventbrite ticketing system.
- Follow the link above and have this info ready: parent first name, parent surname, parent current email address, parent mobile/telephone number, child name, child class, chosen club. NOTE: your email address must be one you check regularly. Your mobile number is necessary for emergency contact.
- Payment and Billing: you will need your credit card information and billing address.
- FAQs: see the bottom of the page. If your question is not listed there, click ‘Contact the Organiser’ at bottom right.
- List of clubs: this appears under ‘Ticket Information’ – click on club and number of tickets.
- Ready to order: click ‘Order Now’.
- Order Summary Page: all your info, for you to check before paying. You have 30 minutes to complete this.
- Code of Behaviour: read, and tick the box. If you don’t tick, you will not be able to proceed.
- Complete Registration: all your information is present and correct and you are happy to proceed with payment.
- Pay Now: you’ll be brought to the payment processing page to complete your payment.
- Done! You’ve now booked your child’s ASA and will receive a confirmation email.
If you have any queries or are experiencing any difficulties in registering please contact the ASA team directly at our dedicated email address email@example.com