We are delighted to announce our After School Activities Term 1 programme is starting on Wednesday 8th November 2017. There will be 8 weeks of activities: 5 before Christmas and 3 after. The activities will run from 3.15 pm to 4.15pm in classrooms and the hall.
Please note that ALL classes are subject to minimum numbers signing up. If we do not receive minimum numbers, the ASA will not proceed.
|1||8th Nov||9th Nov|
|2||15th Nov||16th Nov|
|3||22nd Nov||23rd Nov|
|4||29th Nov||30th Nov|
|5||6th Dec||7th Dec|
|6||10th Jan||11th Jan|
|7||17th Jan||18th Jan|
|8||24th Jan||25th Jan|
|Lego Club||Wed||Eva||CR||€40||Juniors – 2nd|
|Junior Sports||Wed||Arianna||Hall||€40||Juniors – 1st|
|Go Noodle||Wed||Rachel Levins||CR||€40||1st – 6th|
|Active Maths (See Note 1)||Wed||Nicola Dempsey||CR/Hall||€40||1st – 4th|
|Art (See Note 2)||Thurs||Eva||CR||€45*||1st – 4th|
|Irish Dancing||Thurs||Aidan||CR/Hall||€40||Junior – 6th|
|Chess Club (See Note 3)||Thurs||Maurice O’Connor||CR||€30 (6 Weeks)||2nd – 6th|
|Mixed Sports||Thurs||Fiona O’Connell||CR/Hall||€40||2nd – 6th|
- The cost per activity ranges from €30/40.
- Where indicated (*) some activities involve extra supplies so there is an additional cost. For example – Art with Eva will cost €45.
- Please note that an additional €3.68 per club (€4.06 for Art) will be payable as this is the combined cost of the Payment Processing Fee and the Eventbrite Service Fee.
- Note 1: This ASA would be based upon key mathematical concepts that would be explored through the use of concrete materials, art, games, music, play and group interactions. The focus would be on making maths FUN through a variety of means!
- Note 2: This activity involves extra supplies, so there is an additional cost.
- Note 3: Chess will run for 6 weeks starting on Thursday, 9th November and finishing on Thursday, 14th December. It will therefore finish a week later than the other activities before Christmas. It will not run in January as the teacher, Maurice, is away; he comes in from outside the school to teach chess.
As always with ASA’s, you will be required to supervise one week per Club that your child will be attending. The reason behind the supervision is to ensure that all of our children are safe, accounted for and in the safe hands of either the supervisor/teacher from 3pm until collection by parents/guardians at 4.15pm.
- So, if your child is only attending one club, you will only need to supervise once (unless it’s a small club and there is not 8 parents to cover all the slots).
- If your child is attending multiple clubs, you will be required to supervise once for each of the clubs.
- If you have children in multiple activities on the same day it will not be possible for you to supervise multiple clubs at the same time – your supervision dates will be spread over the 8 weeks.
- At the end of the online registration process you are required to select a preferred week for supervision and then you will be prompted to select the Club name. If your preferred week has already been taken you will have to select the last option which will put you down as a reserve Supervisor (you will again be prompted to select the Club name) – your name will be put in a lottery for a supervision date. You will be advised (by email) prior to the completion of the supervision schedule. Confirmation of your supervision date together with supervision guidelines will follow on by email.
- If you are not able to supervise at your allotted slot – it will be your responsibility to contact the supervision volunteer in order to try and arrange for another parent to cover your supervision.
Please note, ASAs can only proceed if we have a full confirmed supervision rota in place. Children MUST be supervised between 3pm and 4.20pm.
Online Registration and Payment
- The registration process, including payment, is completed online using the Eventbrite ticketing system.
- To make the booking process fair for all, please be advised that (per logon session) you will be able to book a minimum of 1 ticket and a maximum of 3 for each Club.
Eventbrite Online Registration and Payment will be open from: 8:00pm Tuesday 24th October until 10:00pm Sunday 29th October 2017 at this Eventbrite link:
Information you will need to complete your booking:
- Ticket Buyer: this is your information; first name, last name, current email address (of Parent/Guardian) – this email should belong to the parent/guardian who will be performing supervision duties. If there will only be one parent/guardian performing the supervision duties – only provide their email address.
- Payment and Billing Information: credit card information, including billing address information: type of card/card number/expiry date etc.
- Other Information: your child’s information: first Name, last name, gender, current Teachers name/class.
- Supervision week: 1 week per child, per activity.
When the event goes live you will be able to register for your chosen club.
- Under ‘Ticket Information’ you will see a list of the clubs
- Click on chosen club/s
- Tick the ‘Quantity Required’
- Click on the ‘Order Now’ button.
- This will bring you to the Order Summary Page that will show you a summary of your chosen clubs.
- You have 30 minutes to complete this information. You will see a count down timer on the top left of the screen, after 30 minutes this reservation page will be released to others so it is important that you have all of your information to hand.
- Next is the ‘Code of Behaviour’ waiver – if in agreement tick the box. If you do not agree and you do not tick the box – you will not be able to proceed any further.
- If you agree, tick the box and then you will be able to click on the ‘Complete Registration’ button.
- Once you click ‘Pay Now’, you will be sent to a processing order page. Congratulations! You have successfully purchased your tickets.
- You will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder, just in case)!
It is imperative that you supply us with a correct email address that is regularly checked, as any correspondence regarding the ASA, throughout the term, will be automatically sent to this address. Please also enter a mobile phone number so that we can send you text alerts, if needed, or contact you in an emergency. Please double check both have been entered correctly.
If you have queries about the administration of the ASA by the PTA you can email firstname.lastname@example.org