After School Activities Oct 18 – Dec 18
After School Activities (ASAs) Term 1 program is starting on Wednesday, 10 October 2018. There will be 8 weeks of activities, taking place every Wednesday and Thursday from 3.15pm to 4.15pm.
Download School Note
Below you will find details relating to the Term Dates, Activity Schedule, Costs, Supervision and Online Booking.
|Week 1||10 October||11 October|
|Week 2||17 October||18 October|
|Week 3||24 October||25 October|
|MIDTERM BREAK||Oct 31 and Nov 1||NO ASAs THIS WEEK|
|Week 4||7 November||8 November|
|Week 5||14 November||15 November|
|Week 6||21 November||22 November|
|Week 7||28 November||29 November|
|Week 8||5 December||6 December|
The ASAs you can register for in Term 1, October–December 2018*:
*Please note that ALL classes are subject to minimum numbers signing up. If we do not receive minimum numbers, the ASA will not proceed.
|Junior Lego||Wednesday||Nicola D.||CR||€40||Jun. inf–2nd|
|Junior Lego||Thursday||Nicola D.||CR||€40||Jun. inf. –2nd|
|Junior drama||Wednesday||Treasa||CR||€40||Jun. inf. –2nd|
|Senior drama club||Wednesday||Roisin Coyle||CR||€40||2nd–6th|
|French for Beginners||Wednesday||Celina Vieites||CR||€40||1st–3rd|
|Multi sports||Wednesday||Aimee McNally||Hall||€40||1st–3rd|
|Mixed sports||Thursday||Fiona O’Connell||Hall||€40||2nd–6th|
|Sewing for beginners||Thursday||Anna||CR||€45||2nd–5th|
|Spanish for beginners||Thursday||Celina Vieites||CR||€40||1st–3rd|
- Junior Lego – a fun, creative, cooperative activity, with weekly themes.
- Junior drama – roleplay, dress-up, songs and plenty of fun.
- Fleadh club – get children Fleadh ready with a mixture of traditional Irish music (tin whistle, own whistle needed or Aidan can purchase them for additional cost), songs and ceili dances, ceol, craic agus cupla focail.
- Futsal – modified form of soccer played with five-a-side, usually played indoors.
- Senior drama club – warm-ups, role play, improvisation, script-writing and group performance.
- Arts/crafts – painting (e.g. cityscapes, seasonal paintings), drawing (comic strips, etc), collage work,
papier mâché, creating pom-pom creatures with wool.
- Baking/cooking – hands-on class following recipes to create tasty food. A different recipe each week and children bring home what they make.
- French for beginners – introduce your child to a foreign language at a young age, a fun, activity-based class.
- Multi sports – sample lots of different sports with a teacher who loves her sport. GAA, basketball, volleyball and athletics, also incorporating circuits and yoga into classes.
- Chess – learn or improve at this wonderful strategy game taught by an expert.
- Mixed sports – fun, adrenaline-packed activity, uni-hoc, crab soccer, basketball, athletics, bench ball and lots of others.
- Sewing for beginners – hand sewing, introducing the use of needles (plastic) and three basic stitches and learning to sew on buttons. A small sewing project will be completed.
- Spanish for beginners – a fun introduction to Spanish taught by a native speaker.
- ASAs can only proceed if parents fill the supervision rota. Each parent must supervise one week per club that your child is attending. If your child is attending only one club, you will supervise once. If your child/children are attending multiple clubs, you will supervise once for each club and each child.
- After online registration has closed, a member of the PTA will email you to confirm your supervision date. Please check your email regularly. We try to be very fair and ensure all parents supervise.
- The purpose of the supervision rota is to ensure all children are safe and accounted for between 3.00pm and 4.15pm. Children must be collected promptly at 4.15pm.
- The role of the supervisor is to: sign in all of the club’s participants, call parent of any child who is missing, hand over the children to the teacher and note any absences, remain in school in case teacher needs your help for any reason, stand beside teacher as children are collected to ensure all are collected safely.
- If you are unable to supervise in your allotted week, it is your responsibility to contact the supervision volunteer to alert them and try to arrange for another parent to cover your supervision.
Note: the administration of the supervision rota is time-consuming and we are looking for help with this. If you have a little time, please consider helping out.
Registering for an ASA / Eventbrite
- The registration process, including payment, is done online through Eventbrite. You may book a minimum of 1 ticket and a maximum of 3 tickets per club.
- The cost per club is still €40, except where special materials are required*.
- Please note that an additional €3.80 per club (€4.21 for sewing/baking and arts and crafts) will be payable – this is the combined cost of the Payment Processing Fee and the Eventbrite Service Fee.
- Registration will open on Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 8.00pm.
- Registration will close on Monday, 1 October 2018 at 10.00pm.
How do I register?
- The registration process, including payment, is completed online using the Eventbrite ticketing system.
- Follow the link above and have this info ready: parent first name, parent surname, parent current email address, parent mobile/telephone number, child name, child class, chosen club.
- NOTE: your email address must be one you check regularly. Your mobile number is necessary for emergency contact.
- Payment and Billing: you will need your credit card information and billing address.
- FAQs: see bottom of page. If your question is not listed here, click ‘Contact the Organiser’ at bottom right.
- List of clubs: this appears under ‘Ticket Information’ – click on club and number of tickets.
- Ready to order: click ‘Order Now’.
- Order Summary Page: all your info, for you to check before payment. You have 30 minutes to complete this.
- Code of Behaviour: read, and tick the box. If you don’t tick, you will not be able to proceed.
- Complete Registration: all your information is present and correct and you are happy to proceed to payment.
- Pay Now: you’ll be brought to the payment processing page to complete your payment.
- Done! You’ve now booked your child’s ASA and will receive a confirmation email.
If you have any queries or are experiencing any difficulties in registering please contact the ASA team directly at our dedicated email address email@example.com