Board of Management Report – November 2013
Le Chéile ETNS – Board of Management – Agreed Report – 6th November 2014
- New tariffs from Airtricity were received.
- The Fund Raising Committee are investigating various options including a sponsored event.
- An application for replacement PE equipment list was granted.
- Educate Together Ethos Conference will be held on Saturday 23rd November.
- ET has new launched a new funding initiative – ‘Dealeffect’
- Treasurer’s Report presented and adopted
- The grass cutting is to go to tendering.
- There has been no change in pupil numbers. The Census returns were signed and submitted on Sept 30th.
- Attendance of pupils is following normal trends.
- We have a new substitute teacher, Patricia Burke.
- A staff meeting was held on OCT 15 2013 : Anaphylaxis training for all staff took place and training for new Jext pen. Ongoing planning and policy development along with usual reviews of practices etc.
Curriculum/ planning/policies etc. ,
- A lot of work has gone in to the Management of Diabetes review. Medical forms all in now and we will be issuing the indemnity forms in the next week or so for signing.
- Maths Week was held (14 – 18 OCT). This was a great success.
- Attended M1 Cluster group for principals. There are different interest groups – Numeracy, Literacy, Learn Together, Principals & Deputy Principals. This group meets a few times a year.
- A number of assemblies have been held for Jnr & Snr groups.
- Standardised testing will take place over the next two weeks in literacy and numeracy. 1st to 6th classes.
- Had visits from local secondary schools generally to 6th classes but some also to 5th classes.
- School Milk Scheme started this week. 69 taking up scheme. Numbers have reduced.
- Rainbows. 1 group going formed. Will begin programme.
- Sticky Fingers. Promoting art for children. Based in North Ireland. Cross Border project initiative. Local artist, Breda Marron will come and work with a class. Exhibition in Spring next year in Newry.
- Book Fair. Will take place 14/15/16 November. 100% return on books to the school. Selling Saturday morning also.
- Lunchtime activities in place again.
- e-twinning – with a school in Italy possibly. 2nd & 6th classes will be involved.
- AGM took place on October 22nd. Speakers from ET on Ballymakenny College. Rosemary gave a short talk on Anti Bullying Procedures and requirements for all schools to have a new policy in place by end of second term of 2013/14.
- ASAs started October 16th.
- Catholic Association started Sept 30th
- FRC Hallowe’en Party. Great success.
Discussion around the difficulty with parents ignoring parking rules in particular at 2pm. This will be discussed further at the next meeting.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Fire Drill took place on October 15. Went smoothly.
- Critical Incident (Met and reviewed)
- Christmas presents to staff from families – discussed and note to be issued to explain no need for gifts etc.
- Parking – note home reminding all of procedures. Parking signs etc. to be discussed at next meeting. Chairperson (PC)
Next meeting December 11th 2014