Board of Management Report – September 2013
Agreed Report Le Chéile ETNS – Board of Management – 25th September 2014
Paul Corry – Chairperson
Andrew Murray – Patron Rep
Brian Parle – Parent Rep
Suzanne Carolan – Parent Rep
Kim Britton – Teacher Rep
Rosemary McGonagle – Principal/secretary
Heather Murphy – Community Rep
Laurence Donovan – Community Rep
- The Catholic Association had registration on the 14th. Classes are to begin on 30th Sept.
- A letter was received from a parent requesting more information regarding the €15 to be paid to ET. The Board agreed that this should be put on the website for all parents. More information to be sought from Head Office
- School Insurance renewal was discussed. The BOM is actively seeking reductions in cost.
- Fundraising Committee – A new committee has been formed. They have discussed up and coming events including a Halloween Party for the children.
The treasurer’s report was presented and adopted.
- The Principal’s report was presented and adopted
- There are 446 pupils on the roll including 58 Junior Infants
- Staffing. There are 16 class teachers, 5 Special Education teachers, 6 SNAs, Secretary, and Caretaker & Principal (Total 30).
- Staff Meeting took place on September 13th.
- Parent-Teacher meetings to take place on Tuesday 18th February.
- Planned year schedule of meetings, policies for renewal and/or development and committees formed including
- Serious conditions, diabetes to be revised
- Fire Safety – drills, zones etc
- Anti-bullying – Action Plan on Bullying
- ICT – ongoing development
- School Self Evaluation – focus on numeracy
- PTA reps for this year will be Susan & Arianna
- The Special Education timetable is up and running.
- The NEPS psychologist has visited the school. We will have 7 days of service for the year.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Critical incident meeting needed. This will be planned shortly
Diabetes – Diabetes team nurse training on pump.
- Anaphylactic training – will take place at next staff meeting.
- GAA providing training in school to 1st,2nd,5th & 6th classes
- Rainbows – Bereavement & separation groups. Further training is to be provided. Letters will be sent home then to establish interest.
- ICT – in-school group met and then met with Brian re future plans – laptops etc.
- The annual review of Child Protection Procedures was conducted and signed off.
- There was a discussion around the possibility of an increase in pupil-teacher ratio and the implication of this on the school.
Painting in the school was carried out over the holidays in addition the gutters were cleaned. There is an ongoing problem of rats at the bins.