BOM – Agreed report January 2016
Board of Management Meeting
Wednesday, 20th January 2016
- Following a request from the Special Education team within the school, it was agreed that the funds raised from the sale of calendars and the Le Cheile Christmas market would be used to purchase 10 iPads. The Board agreed that this would be a worthwhile investment of the money raised and would like to acknowledge the hard work of the Fundraising Committee.
- Educate Together to hold an EGM in Dublin on Saturday 23rd January 2016, to discuss current financial situation of the patron body.
- The summer camp (organised by staff member, Treasa) approved for another year and will be held in the school in July 2016.
- The school currently has a new website being developed and should be up and running in the next month or so. Staff will be trained in how to make contributions and edit the website in an effort to make it more current and up to date.
- The school received a thank you letter from GOAL for the donation of €1846.34 which was raised by the children on the pyjama day.
- The school was awarded three certificates from the Drogheda Chamber of Commerce
- Certificate of Excellence for Environmental Awareness
- Certificate of Excellence for Sustaining Women in Business and the Community
- Certificate of Excellence for Professional Services to the Community
These are to be framed and displayed on the school corridors shortly.
Plants and hedging have been set in front of the school fence. There will be a large oak tree, the symbol for wisdom, planted here also. This is an ongoing project and should be finished within a month or so.
There have been a number of names put forward so far, with the 2 community reps to be confirmed at the next Board of Management meeting on 2nd March 2016.