BOM Agreed Report March 2015
Board of Management Meeting
March 18th 2015
Minutes of last meeting and matters arising:
- Book Rental scheme discussed and agreed to request money with other charges on the book lists.
- Notification from ET of forthcoming change of BOM (Oct ‘15) requesting confirmation of continuation on BOM, or otherwise from patron reps.
- ET Principal’s Cluster Meeting held in Balbriggan on 02-03-15. Items included discussion of NCSE and provision for Special Education.
- Meeting with Fund-raising committee about fundraiser on March 21st. Permission received from DGS to park in car park on that day.
- Occupational First Aiders (five in total) to do refresher course in school on March 21st.
- World Book Day- a lovely day in school. Paired reading between the classes e.g. Junior Infants in third class, children read to each other. Children loved event.
- Student Council cake sale on 06-03-15. A wonderful success. Children loved it. Money raised : €1435.95. Many thanks to Maureen and Student Council and PTA who helped on the day.
- School photographs to be taken on April 30th by Opus.
- Tree planting to occur
- Paintwork on exterior of building in need of work- options being investigated.
- Mural in back yard in poor condition-artist to be contacted.
- School photography tendered.
Accounts to be presented at next BOM meeting.
- School Calendar BOM met four representatives from staff to discuss creation of school calendars/ democratic voting. Letter of consultation to be sent to each family concerning school calendar for 15-16. Preferences to be expressed.
- Special Education Provision Concerns as to how new criteria will impact on resource teaching and provision for September 2015.
- IT Matters Projectors for IWBs to be serviced during Easter break
Laptop problems on-going. Need policy on servicing/ replacement.
Photocopiers: Scanning- problems ongoing
Date of next meeting: 29-04-2015 at 7.30 p.m.
[mls_msg type=’info’]The Ageed Report is produced after the Minutes of the meeting itself have been approved by the Board. The Minutes for the March BOM meeting were approved at the meeting on April 29th and the Agreed Report is produced from those minutes.�[/mls_msg]