BOM Agreed Report Feb 2015
Le Cheile ETNS Board of Management Meeting Agreed Report 25-02-2015
Minutes of last meeting and matters arising:
- Networking of photocopiers- This issue has been resolved.
- All relevant parents have been contacted by the BOM regarding the return of the 2 euro mistakenly collected for ET. No parents requested its return.
- Internal lights – issues are being worked on.
- Leak in men’s upstairs toilet fixed
- Book rental meeting held .
- Christmas concerts and festive celebrations-all very successful
- Many musical events this term: Music in the Classroom, Peace Proms, Baroque Concert and Christmas play in Arts Centre, Samba. Events enjoyed variously by all classes. All successful.
- School psychologist has been on a number of visits to the school.
- Junior Infants/ New pupils 2015: Meeting with all parents wishing to enrol their children in the school in January. Most places have now been allocated.
- Four Teaching Practice students are/ will be working in the school this Spring.
- Very successful trip to the Young Scientist Exhibition with Patricia’s class. Received a plaque and had a wonderful day out. Pictures in local papers.
- Book Rental Scheme Meeting was held on January 12th. Decisions: Scheme to cover the cost of the following:Books for Classrooms, E-Books, Licences, Novels, Schemes, Dictionaries, Additional Readers, Atlases. Board of Management to cover cost of the following: Manuals, Books for Special Education, Literacy/ Numeracy games, Library books,Educational Equipment
- A reminder was sent out to parents who had not paid their rental money in September.
- Fundraising: 6th March: Student Council Cake Sale for yard equipment
- Meetings: Meetings with Special Education team, SNAS, Post Holders and PTA Reps held
- Circular 005/2015:Concerning Pupil-Teacher Ratio and Allocation of Special Education teachers for 2015.Pupil-Teacher Ratio lowered: 16 class teachers: enrolment required 421(formerly 426)SET Allocation: 3 Learning Support+ 5hours (no change).Base school for two Resource teachers. Dependant on the number of applications made for children with Special Needs.
- POD: DES new online management system. Spreadsheet of all pupils to include details of PRSI, religion etc. Questions of data protection being raised. To be sent to DES in March. Information from our school not sent yet. New circular on the matter to be issued by DES.
- Survey of front yard to be carried out using Seeing Eye in the summer. Repairs to be carried out following findings
- New lights have been installed in front car park. Old fixtures to be replaced in stages
- Upstairs leak repaired
Treasurer’s Report:Accounts discussed.
Photocopiers Email addresses to be changed from g-mail to .com to facilitate full usage
PTA Matters Request to run cycling class as an After School Activity given by Blue Gate Sports. granted
- Request to open a Homework Club. Granted to be on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Date of next meeting: 11-03-2015 at 7.30 p.m.