Le Cheile ETNS Board of Management Agreed Report 17/12/14
Minutes of last meeting & matters arising:
- Minutes adopted
- PTA new committee up and running successfully with many sub-groups to organise event
- Arts Centre orchestral performance on 11-11-14. 5th and 6th classes attended.
- EGM for PTA held on 11-11-14. Very good attendance. Very positive meeting.
- 13th January 2015. SESS to give 2 hr. talk to staff on dyspraxia and dyslexia
- IPPN Executive meeting on Saturday 14th November. New framework for Special education described by NCSE.
- St Vincent de Paul hamper appeal underway- very successful
- Donation of signed Leinster jersey by parent for fundraising. To be raffled on day of Christmas concert.
- Letter sent out to parents re. €2 overcharge for ET membership.
- Staff have undertaken policy reviews of Health and Safety, Exceptionally Able Children, Assessment and Fire Drill. Fire Drill practice took place on Dec 1st. Whole staff training on the use of Fire extinguishers required.
- Staff Meeting on 25-11-2014.
- M1 principals group met on 02-11-14.
- Attended the official opening of Donacarney National School on December 5th.
- Standardised testing completed. Results are very satisfactory.
- Article submitted to Meath Coaster for December issue.
- 5th class children to take part in the Young Scientist Exhibition on January 9th.
- Junior and Senior Infants taken to Droichead Arts centre for Christmas show.
- Networking issue ongoing
- Lights around school (fitting of new generation fittings) and emergency lights of building. Quotes to be sought
- Front yard issue with sinking surface. Quotes to be sought.
- Roof leak in toilets upstairs to be looked in to.
- End of year report presented.
- Assistant secretary role to be maintained.
- Meeting to be organised with Book Rental committee to confirm spending plans for the year.
- Lap-top plans to be looked at- IT committee to assess usefulness etc. of current lap-tops.
1. Assessment. Ratified by BOM.
2. Fire Safety/ Drill. Ratified.
3. Exceptionally Able Student. Ratified.
Date of next meeting:
Wednesday 4th February 2015.