Le Cheile ETNS Board of Management Meeting Agreed Report 5/11/15
Minutes of last meeting and matters arising:
- Teachers requested more time to assess the use of the laptops. This will be reviewed in January
- Email addresses of the school population has been received and will be inputted.
- Delegations form Secondary Schools canvassing children in September and October.
- 30th September reminder re. 50 euro sent via text. Good response. 41 unpaid now. Letter going out this week. Outstanding payments also due for Book Rental and ET membership.
- M1 ET Principal’s meeting. Focus on enrolment policy particularly re. Siblings
- Staff meetings held on 7th and 22nd October
- 49 Medical Indemnity forms signed and sent to Insurance Company.
- Ongoing policy reviews taking place with staff: Learning and Resource teaching support, Assessment and Testing, Gifted Children, Health and Safety and Fire Safety.
- Note sent home. P-T Meetings to take place on February 17th. Date to be selected and go on calendar early in the year next year.
- Critical Incidents Policy Review 10th October
- Vincent de Paul request for support for the collection of food for Christmas hampers. Collection date 11th December.
- Musical outings for children:Junior and Senior Infants: Arts Centre, Musical Show, December 12th-1st-3rd Classes: Music in the Classroom, Helix Theatre January 28th-4th Class: Cross-Border Peace Proms Event, RDS, February 1st.-5th/6th Classes: Arts Centre for Orchestral Performance on November 11th.
- PTA AGM, 14th October. Resignation of committee. Discussion about how to engage members. Request for BOM to appeal to parent body. EGM to take place on November 11th.
- IPPN meeting 22nd October. A lot of inspections from DES to local schools.
- Spooks Parade held in school on 24th October. Children and staff made a great effort.
- Standardised Testing to commence in school from 11th-20th November
- Halloween break from 24th October to 3rd November inclusive.
- IPPN Executive Meeting, Portlaoise, 14th November.
- Next staff meeting, 25th November
- It has been arranged to have the Networking of the school investigated.
Treasurer’s Report:Report received & discussed.
Policies Health & Safety has been read by all members.
- Decision to request two representatives from each class to ensure cross section involvement. EGM to be organised to obtain these class reps. BOM members to attend
Date of next meeting: 10/12/15 at 7.30 p.m.